Thursday 25 October 2012

Belladrum Festival


I was lucky enough to be asked to exhibit some art at Belladrum festival this year. Belladrum is a music festival near Inverness. The idea was to take some bits and bobs up with me and 'skip dive' the festival to see what useful things I could find to do some live art with. I also took up 'The Ironic Chairman' and a few copies of 'The Art of Skip Diving' to display in a pop up gallery by the Hung Gallery based in Inverness. 
I arrived a few days early to set up and take part in a small presentation alongside the other artists in a preview for the press.
Unfortunately there was a health and safety issue with the scaffolding for the gallery resulting in its failure to open the whole weekend.
However, the sun was shining, the music was playing and everyone was having a great time so I spend a lot of time chatting to all sorts of people about my work. Here are a few pictures.

Unpacking the car

Explaining my work at the preview

Taking a break on 'The Ironic Chairman' in the gallery


Outside the gallery (still thinking it would open at some point)
Below are some pictures of festival goers enjoying my book and my chairs







No comments:

Post a Comment